Updated Hours and Services Information for the Stockton Police Department in response to COVID-19 regulations
Records Related Services:
- Crime Reports: Call (209) 937-8495 or Submit a request using Ask Stockton.
- Accident Reports: City of Stockton Police Website – Online Services
- NOTE: All crime / accident report fees waived during the closure, except for online accident reports.
Those are offered thru Lexis Nexis and the company charges a $10.00 fee.
- Subpoena Service: Call (209) 937-8276, by appointment only
- Repossession Fee: Call (209) 937-8495, by appointment only
- Clearance Letter: Submit a request using Ask Stockton.
- Safekeeping / Release of Gun Fee: Call (209) 937-8176, by appointment only
- CCW Fees: Closed until further notice
Registration and Live Scan Desk:
Registration days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:00am-3:30pm and closed between 11am-1pm.
Traffic Related Services:
The Traffic Section is currently closed for citation sign-off, VIN verifications, repossession releases, any citation payments or processing, or any vehicle abatement issues.
- We will continue to process impound releases. Please call (209) 937-8355 for information.
Property Related Services:
The Property Section is currently closed to the public.
- Please call (209) 937-8443 for more information.
Neighborhood Services Section:
- Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:30pm- Open Fridays: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Front Desk is closed the Public
To report a violation:
Call: (209) 937-8813
Or: Submit a request using Ask Stockton.
Note: Interior inspections are not being conducted at this time. We will evaluate each complaint on a case by case basis to determine if an immediate response is necessary.
Health and safety violations are still being addressed.
Rental Property Program
- Rental Inspections have been suspended until further notice.
- Self-certification packets and declaration forms are still being received by mail and are being processed. If you have any rental questions, please call (209) 937-8813 or email: RentalProgram@stocktonca.gov
- Rental Documents can still be mailed into the office for processing.
- We are still processing requests for property demands.
Please email your request to PayoffDemand@stocktonca.gov or fax it to (209) 937-7264.
Note: There is a 10-day turnaround time on all requests.
- If you would like to check the status of your demand, you may call (209) 937-8813 or PayoffDemand@stocktonca.gov
- We are still receiving and processing payments for code enforcement related accounts.
You can mail your payment to:
22 E Weber Ave #350
Stockton, Ca 95202
- You may also pay online by visiting http://www.stocktonca.gov/…/adminServices/ubilPayOnline.html
- If you need assistance, please call 209-937-8813 and we will walk you through the process.
- All other inquiries, please call (209) 937-8813 or email NSS@Stocktonca.gov
The Stockton Animal Shelter is still operating; however, we have had to make some modifications for the protection of the community and our staff during the pandemic response.
- The Shelter is open to the public Tuesday through Saturday from 12 – 5 pm, except 12 – 6 pm on Wednesdays.
- Appointments are being accepted for adoption and owner redemptions during business hours by calling (209) 937-7445
- A limited number of visitors are allowed at a time.
- Visitors are required to wear a face covering while inside of the Shelter.
LGBTQ Community Liaison
- Assistant Chief of Police Jim Chraska, (209) 937-8218 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Operating Hours: Tuesday-Sunday, noon-5 pm.
- Administrative staff and field services personnel are available: Monday-Friday, 8am -5pm.
- After-hours and emergencies: (209) 937-8377
- Or Submit a request or comment using Ask Stockton.