Join Our Team!
The Stockton Police Department is dedicated to making a difference in our community.
With over 400 sworn Officers and over 150 civilian personnel, the Stockton Police Department offers rewarding opportunities.
Do you have questions? Contact a Recruiter and we can help.
Our Recruiting Team travels to numerous events both local and throughout the state to find the best possible talent. Come to a recruiting event and meet us in person.
We encourage you to review the positions we have available both sworn officer and civilian.
- Who We Are
- The Stockton Police Department 2020 through 2022 Strategic Plan
- Our Trust Building Efforts
- Keep up on the latest in police-related news.
- Sign up to receive news alerts by Nixle.
- Research statistical information related to crime.
- Crime Stoppers
- Search Missing Persons
- Report Illegal Dumping and be eligible for a cash reward.
Stay up-to-date on all COVID-19 information by following updates using the links provided below:
- California Governor Executive Order N-33-20
- Reopening of San Joaquin County
- Reopening of San Joaquin County (Spanish Version).
- Stay at Home order SJ County Public Health Officer and Director of Emergency Services (updated June 16,2020)
- Order of the San Joaquin County Public Health Officer Approving the Implementation of Selected State Guidance
- Questions about San Joaquin County Public Health Officer and Director of Emergency Services Stay at Home order
- Appendix A: Social Distancing Protocol
- Approval of Religious Services and Cultural Ceremonies and Activities at Places of Worship within San Joaquin County
- Exhibit A Golf Facility Social Distancing Plan
- San Joaquin County New Public Health Order Updates Requirements for Faith-Based Gatherings, Golf Courses and Landscaping/Gardening Services
- Stay home except for essential needs (external link to CalGov.com)
- Information regarding what businesses and services are open and closed
- Stockton Police Department UPDATED Hours and Services
- City of Stockton Updates
- City Park Closures
- San Joaquin County Public Health Services
- San Joaquin County Office of Emergency Services
- SPD Facebook Page
- SPD Instagram Page
- SPD Twitter
- Our SPD News Page
A Message from Chief of Police Eric Jones
Welcome to the Stockton Police Department.
We are a department nationally recognized in trust-building efforts with our community and developed a refined policing philosophy recognized as Principled Policing.
This innovative approach resulted in expanded work with the National Initiative for Building Community Trust and Justice.
Our department has since been recognized as a leader for contributions to the law enforcement profession, attested by the fact that our programs are being replicated at other departments throughout the United States.
Chief of Police
The Stockton Police Department Strategic Plan:
The Stockton Police Department is an outstanding organization that also recognizes the need and opportunity for continual improvement.
To that end, our Strategic Plan is the result of much collaboration among SPD staff.
We are excited to move forward in pursuit of the goals and objectives included in this strategic plan and are confident this plan's successful implementation will keep the SPD positioned at the forefront of contemporary, effective, law enforcement organizations nationwide.
The Stockton Police Department will focus on accomplishing the following goals over the next three years:
- Reduce crime and blight
- Increase trust between the community and police
- Recruit and hire a qualified, diverse workforce
- Employ staff who are highly trained, knowledgeable, and prepared
Our Family Services programs are focused on providing all Stockton residents with the support they need to keep all members of their families safe and informed.