Crime Free Multi-Housing Program
Crime Free Multi-Housing is a partnership between the Stockton Police Department and managers/owners of multi-unit rental properties working together to prevent crime and enforce the penal code and civil code violations. The term Crime Free does not mean crimes have been eliminated. It means the management and the tenants agree to work together to keep a well-maintained property and promote good quality of life while reducing crime.
Phase 1: Management Training Seminar
- Applicant Screening
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design
- Crime Free Lease Addendum: How It Works
- Drug and Gang Awareness
- Working with Dispatch
- Manager’s Responsibilities
Phase 2: On-Site Property Inspection
- The on-site inspection is based on the principles of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED).
- Management/owners must implement the required security recommendations to be certified.
Phase 3: Resident Safety Social
This is an interactive meeting with the tenants and the SPD Strategic Operations Team. We will come to your property to socialize and discuss crime prevention techniques. This meeting is an annual requirement.
For more information, or to find out when the next training seminar for property managers is scheduled, please contact:
CSO Sy Truong
Crime Free Program Coordinator