- Applicants must have a valid T-Score of 42 or higher to apply. T-Score must be provided no later than October 10, 2019 to qualify.
- Qualified applicants will be invited by email to take the Physical Ability test on Sunday - September 22, 2019 (The start time and test location will be emailed to you).
- For any questions regarding the application, please contact Pamela Summerville at email@example.com
- For any questions regarding the Physical Ability Test, email SPD Recruiting at: StocktonPoliceInterest@stocktonca.gov
The Stockton Police Department and our community partners host a variety of events throughout the year.
We value the opportunity to build community relationships through casual conversation.
Here are some of our community events:
- Coffee with the Police
- Cocoa with the Cops
- Police in the Park
- Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
- And more!
A Message from Chief of Police Eric Jones
Welcome to the Stockton Police Department.
We are a department nationally recognized in trust-building efforts with our community and developed a refined policing philosophy recognized as Principled Policing.
This innovative approach resulted in expanded work with the National Initiative for Building Community Trust and Justice.
Our department has since been recognized as a leader for contributions to the law enforcement profession, attested by the fact that our programs are being replicated at other departments throughout the United States.
Chief of Police
The Stockton Police Department Strategic Plan:
The Stockton Police Department is an outstanding organization that also recognizes the need and opportunity for continual improvement.
To that end, our Strategic Plan is the result of much collaboration among SPD staff.
We are excited to move forward in pursuit of the goals and objectives included in this strategic plan and are confident this plan's successful implementation will keep the SPD positioned at the forefront of contemporary, effective, law enforcement organizations nationwide.
The Stockton Police Department will focus on accomplishing the following goals over the next three years:
- Reduce crime and blight
- Increase trust between the community and police
- Recruit and hire a qualified, diverse workforce
- Employ staff who are highly trained, knowledgeable, and prepared
View a copy of the Stockton Police Department Strategic Plan 2017-2019
Our Family Services programs are focused on providing all Stockton residents with the support they need to keep all members of their families safe and informed.